Saturday, July 02, 2005

Fun and Repacking in L.A.

Spent this past Tuesday travelling from Oahu back to the mainland and then promptly ended up falling asleep when we got to the hotel in L.A..

The repack on Wednesday went rather well....took a little over four hours to complete...we had to take everything out of the air containers that we used to ship our stuff to Hawaii and back and then repack them into the crates that we normally use and then repack those crates into our two trucks like we would do on a normal load-out. We got there a bit before 8AM...our first truck got there around 8:45 and the first truck load of the air containers arrived right around 9AM. With a brief water break or two we had the truck doors closed before 1:30PM.

I guess that I was in the repacking mood (or mode) as I was able to reduce the luggage that I was carrying from three bags to two (not counting my 2 carry-ons of course) which thereby met the luggage requirement and I wouldn't have to pay for an extra piece of luggage...now would I have to pay because they weighed too much?

After that I ended up falling asleep. (Boy that jet lag can suck...)

No comments: