Monday, April 18, 2005

What? I'm in Phoenix...and I have a couple of days to myself?

No promises...but I'm going to try and get caught up with my entries in the next few days...no promises because we had a 5:15am luggage call this morning to get to the airport for our flight to Phoenix (with a stop in El Paso) and so I took my time packing last night and have yet to go to sleep.

It is currently 83 degrees and sunny here in Phoenix...and we're only a couple of blocks away from the BOB. The what? The Ball One Ballpark...home of the Arizona Diamondbacks. I am looking forward to going to a game on Saturday after our three shows...that's the nice thing with this gig, our last show will be at 5:30pm...which means that we'll be getting out of work at 7pm...which means that I can get over to the ballpark and see the game and only miss an inning or two!

I should probably catch a nap...but feel like going out and exploring the immediate neighborhood.

BTW...I don't know if the BOB helped to spur a revitalization of downtown Phoenix...but I remember being in this area the last time I was in Phoenix...and it wasn't much to look at or do...it's near the downtown mall...with the eateries...by the weird looking sculpture that looks kind of like a spire with spheres all over it (not the mall with the roller-coaster) and it seemed like a depressed area...then again this was 1991 I believe...14 years CAN make a difference!

When I get back, I'll try to post an entry on Mobile, AL...if sleep doesn't claim me first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was 1990 something...I'd have to look at pics to know for sure - but you're close! (ok- if not correct!)it was July...and yes that area did grow -- the last time I visited Phil was I think 2000 and what a change...I can only imagine!...but I remember...and I remember playing putt-putt behind some very slow players...and losing to you (so what else is new? -- I try...yes try to lose!)
How about your favorite building? is it still there or dwarfed by others??...I remember stopping on the highway (I-10?) yes- one of those numbers and catching the sun- setting just so 'right'...if you have the chance...take an updated pic for me (thx)...enjoy the BOB (if Phil makes it back there (a big IF right now) I may make Spring Training some year...we finally won 2 in a row!...but hey - there's lots of baseball to come!
enjoy!

jkh

Anonymous said...

July 1993...(you know...inquiring minds need answers and 'to' answer)it was bugging me...jkh