Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sitting on my Porch in Albany...Georgia that is...

Just drove down from Macon and have to leave to go load in the show in a half hour (early morning show tomorrow)...but just wanted to let y'all (that's a southern expression, by the way) know just how happy I have been having my car with me on tour.

One of the main reasons is that I am seeing all of the countryside that I am going through as opposed to sleeping while on the bus.

But the main reason so far is because I can drive with my windows open (weather permitting)! I have been very impressed with the amount of pine trees in the state of Georgia...also that mixed with the smell of the cotton on the way down was a special treat.

This was the first time that I remember actually seeing fields of cotton...why it struck me as it did, I don't know...but I was really tickeled to see acres of the stuff growing...coming from the heartland I'm used to seeing fields of corn and other agricultural goodies growing but the cotton just struck me. Cann't explain it...and I'm not gonna try.

Even though I'm postng pics from Florida and did enjoy my time there (although 5 weeks was a bit excessive) I am so happy to have been up in North Carolina and now Georgia...where it feels (and looks) like the fall. I've seen some changing colors...but not like back home.

Oh well...gotta get ready for work...I'll post some more pics and maybe another entry tonight.

1 comment:

"Jet" said...

I have never seen a cotton field before... Take some pics!