Thursday, June 23, 2005

I have limited time...

...but I'll try to make the best of it in between the overheating and shutting down of my computer and the spotty Internet wireless signal that I am connected by.

I'll try and include some pics along the way...but first just to let you know what I've been up to these past few days...

Hawaii is incredibly gorgeous! Although I should say Oahu...because I haven't even made it off this island to go to any other...but what diversity there is on this island alone...I have enjoyed the urbanity of Waikiki and the beaches on the southern shore. I have hiked to the top of DiamondHead (which I can see from my 15th floor balcony). I have played in the swells along the eastern coast (my first time actually swimming in the ocean here)...Snorkeled on the southern shore near the SouthWest point of Oahu and on the North Shore (which only has the BIG waves in winter)...partied on a huge sand bar (not a place that serves liquor...but and actual sand bar...don't worry, we brought our own drinks) along the north Shore...and while there I snorkled by a reef with some huge turtles and even came face to face (albiet at a distance) with a hammerhead shark! I didn't know that they're not man-eaters...if so I would have lingered long enough to at least take a picture with the underwater instant camera that I had gotten. All I knew was that I was too far away from the boat at that point...

It is breathtaking...and I will be sad on Tuesday when I head back to the mainland, but I am looking forward to repacking the trucks and making my way home.

I have rented a mo-ped and am having fun scooting around the south shore and driving to work every day...what a way to get around!

Hopefully I can wake up early enough to go snorkling in a bay on the East Shore and the make it to work by 9:30...we'll see...I HAVE to use up the exposures on that underwater camera.

Anyhow...I'll try and upload some pics now...hope to see y'all when I get home.

Aloha!

No comments: