Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Mobile, AL

Mobile, AL is an interesting and nice town...but it feels at times like it is stuck in the 50's...not that that's a bad thing. We played Mobile for two days as the beginning of a split week. On Monday, after traveling from Baton Rouge, my roommate Andy and I went out to a very good Thai restaurant. After dinner Andy went back to the hotel...and I went exploring...shocker, eh?

I ended up finding the Science Center which had the traveling exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls...they were very interesting to look at and the presentation was very well done. After that I walked around some more and found our venue where part of our crew was doing a pre-rig setup. One thing that I can say about the venue...It was certainly the roundest place that I have been in...after walking back to the hotel a group of us went to a local brew pub for dinner.

After our shows on Tuesday, I went out looking to get a Budweiser baby bottle that I had seen on a bar's ad poster...but it was made up by the bar...but I stuck around and did some karoke.

On our last night in Mobile...pretty much the whole company ended up at a "happy little establishment" for a rousing night of karoke and cheap beer!

No comments: