Thursday, March 10, 2005

Overnighter

Sounds exciting...but it's not.

We had our last (my first and only) overnighter for this tour...a 12 hours bus ride from Oklahoma City to Baton Rouge.

After doing our last two shows on Sunday and loading the show out...we got back to the hotel around 10:30...which gave me time to take a shower and get packed and have my bags at the bus by 12:15 so that we could leave at 1am. The bus ride wasn't that bad, but it was hard to get comfortable with my having hurt my back on Wednesday during the load-in...I would have done better had I slept on the floor.

We made a convenience store stop on our way out of Oklahoma City...imagine the shocked gas station/convenience stroe attendant who had a bus pull up and have 20 to 30 people clad in PJ's and the like stumble into the store around 1am buying sodas and snacks. We also made a breakfast stop around 9am or so and got to the hotel around 1pm.

Hello Baton Rouge (yawn!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A SODA huh??? Not many people from our area on tour with you??? It sounds greeeaaat - the food, the shows, THE DRIVING. Your stop at the convenience store reminds me of our 12 hour trip to Vermont and the equally long ride back. Those poor people at the places we stopped seemed astounded - but what the heck do they expect when they work so close to and interstate highway? It's good to hear about your travels.
Your long haired bro