Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A Day Off!

I've been told that normally, our day off is our travelling day...however, we didn't have to load in until Wednesday so we had a day all to ourselves! The day was just as foggy as Monday had been, so I tokk a walk down to the arch with my roomie...and got some pretty neat pictures of the arch disappearing into the fog. We then walked down by the river...over to Ledee's Landing (Old St. Louis), over to a mall that had seen better days (that I had found during a Delta Queen trip when I needed to buy and extension cord and shower gel for the trip), though the Walgreen's was still there (about the only thing that was there). On the way back we had noticed through the doors of a church a beautiful backing to their altar (I can't remember what they called it at the moment...but I'll notate it right when I put up pictures) it was made of plaster and was about 30 to 40 feet tall. We stopped in and I took some pictures and then continued back to the hotel...along the way we found a military memorial that we stopped at as well. It was about 4pm by this time and Richard had to get back to do the rigging for the next day's load-in. I walked over to Union Station and joined up with Les, Carrie and Keith for dinner at Houlihans. At Union Station I found a place called the Parfumaria and found the cologne that Uncle Elmer and Aunt Joann bought me for Christmas a few years back...so I bought some more! When I got back to the hotel I went and worked out and then went for a bit of a swim (although I wanted to do this each day, I only worked out once in St. Louis). When I got back to the room Andy came by to help hook up an Internet connection for my computer (to piggy-back on Richard's connection and share the Internet charge)...we ordered pizza and went to sleep at a more normal time considering the we had load-in the next morning.

No comments: