Saturday, January 29, 2005

Sioux City Summary

The days in Sioux City were spent being miserable but trying to make the most of my time there. Load-in went mostly well, but we had to move our truck out of the dock to get the hampers off the top deck...as the loading dock wasn't tall enough...so the tow motor went outside and forked the hampers out of the truck and on to the loading dock. Having to do this in the windy pre-morning sure didn't help with my illness...but what are ya gonna do? I went back to the hotel after the load in and rested a bit, then took a shower and had a bite to eat a Famous Dave's before getting back for the first show. The first show went well enough, though there wasn't much of an audience...that was a little depressing...I guess everyone was going to Les Mis. After the show I had dinner with Mike and Christa at Chili's...everything was good but I just didn't have much of an appetite...though it was fun flirting with our waitress Ashley.
On Wednesday between shows I ate my leftovers from Chili's and then went over to the Sioux City Art Center...they had some good local art...but it was definately lacking when compared to the Cleveland Museum of Art...I didn't care much for the photography on the second floor , but the inflatable sculptures were interesting.

After the second show we loaded out and our truck was moved over to the side door which we had to open up and ramp everything up to the truck...if it wasn't for the Halls Max, I never would have survived the load-out...it really got cold and the wind was just whipping through that dock door...I was miserable by the time I got back to the hotel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all your sickness thanks for calling me. I had no idea it has been taking this long to get rid of that garbage. It was really good to hear from you as Nick and I were returning from Vermont. I think (although I'm not sure since you don't usually mention the temperature)that we may have you beat in the coldness department. Our two days at Smuggler's Notch started out at -18 and -20 degrees F (b4 the windchill)and only reached a high on Saturday of 4 degrees F. Here's hopes that load-ins and especially load-outs are better than what you've described here. Stay warm, use the Vicks well and when you get a chance, I can't wait to see the pictures.
Your long haired bro