Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I really like...

...to fly in the winter. Before getting to that...let me just say that even with getting to bed later than I had anticipated...I was able to get up, shower and pack in time for the luggage call. On the way to the airport, we passed Washington University...I thought of my brother John (a Wash U...alum) and gave him a call...expecting to leave a message and was able to talk with him for a little bit. Anyhow...back to my opening statement. I REALLY like to fly in the winter...on our flight from St. Louis to Minneapolis I had the window seat (with nobody in the seat next to me...BONUS) but was amazed how beautiful things looked from the air when flying close to noon across snow covered ground. The ground was white with groups of trees and their shadows cross-hatching the landscape like burlap...everything had a monochrome look to it...it was AMAZING!It was also cool how you could see every trail through the woods that deer and other animals had made...you can see things that you would never see normally...and it was a clear day all the way through to Minneapolis...beautiful. We got to the hotel (actually across the street from the Radisson that I was in the last time I was in Minneapolis) and for the next three hours I was on the phone with Mom, Uncle Elmer and my brother John. Whew! I bumped into Christa and her fiancee in the hotel bar and joined them for a drink and then went out exploring the SkyWay and stopped for some Cold-Stone ice cream...I went outsideafter that for a little bit (brrrrrrrrrrr!) and then stopped at Jimmy Johns for a sandwich which I took back to the hotel to eat. Shortly after arriving back at the hotel my roomie arrived from driving the trucks up to Minneapolis and we fixed up the Internet...and I went to sleep early(ish)...I had to go to C&C (Costumes & Creatures) in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright Ansel, nice touch with the monochrome burlap trail bit; next time take a picture! BTW, thanks for the calls.

Big Brother