Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Do You Know the Way to...um...St. Louis

I did manage to get up in plenty of time to shower, pack and get my bags to the bus during luggage call. I climbed on board the bus for the 8 hour ride to St. Louis. I am glad that I had thought to bring along my favorite Brown's fleece blanket with me...I was not so glad however, that I had left it in my bag that was locked in the bus luggage compartment...the outside chill really made it's way through the bus window that I was leaning against. I did manage to catch a nap or two along the way. I woke up from my first nap as we were coming into Kansas City...what was wild was that it was foggy and I woke up just as we were passing by the Stadium for the Kansas City Royals, it looked really cool (unfortunately my camera was all packed away as well). 'm not really being the photo-bug that I was looking to be...but I'm still settling into the routine of everything. We had stopped at a Super Route 70 Truck Stop...I gave Mom a call as I walked over to get a sandwich at Blimpie to let her know how things were going so far. After a half hour, it was back on the bus to get to St. Louis. The rest of the trip was rather uneventful. I was able to get my GPS working on the bus to see our progress...however since the trip was 8 hours and my laptop only has a couple hours of battery time, I didn't have it on the whole way. We got in to St. Louis around 4:30 (rush hour...joy!) and after a little bit of traffic delay finally made it to the Sheraton City Center right by the Savvis Center (where we would be performing). It was so foggy that you couldn't even see the arch from the Adam's Mark hotel (as we passed by). We got checked into the hotel and then met up with some people in the sports bar downstairs. After that I went back to the room to get ready to work out and go for a swim, when my roommate Richard had arrived and said that the crew was being bought a drink for a successful first week back (split week and all)...so I went back to the bar for a beer, which then turned into shots and then me proving my lack of athletic abilities on the basketball and football throwing machines in the bar. Steph and I ended up closing the bar playing a game of Cricket...Unfortunately, I wasn't throwing the soft tipped darts too well and couldn't hit the bullseye...so Steph completed my humiliation in all matters athletic and won the dart game as well. By the time I got back to the room, the fitness center and pool were closed...so I went to the room and called it night.

No comments: