Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Triple Show Saturday

Today we had three shows (10:30am, 2pm and 5:30)...there was pretty much only a half hour between shows so we really couldn't go anywhere between shows. We were bought lunch between the first and second shows and then since there was a wireless internet connection available at the venue...I took advantage of it during the break between the second and third shows. Since the show is only an hour and a half long...I was out by 7:30 (after getting the laundry started). Unfortunately, one of the girls broke up with her boyfried back home the night before...so we ended up drinking and playing cards into the wee hours of the morning. BTW...ever since the one day in the 70's and the night of the storm...the weather's been pretty cold and crappy. It was interesting listening to Glenn Beck on my iPod while doing the show(s) today. I also forgot my cue sheet at the hotel and ended up finding out that after only 14 or shows, I actually knew what I was doing...it's kind of like the first day in rehearsals when you're supposed to be off book...the script can be such a crutch. I realized today during the second show that even though I'm not a big fan of the load-in and load-out and am learning how to mend and repair costumes...that I am really very content with what I am doing...and in many ways am much happier than I ever was at the office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you say that you are more content than at the office. It shows a bit where your heart lies. Every job gets into a routine; it's what you make of the routine ( i.e. your love for it ) that makes all the difference.

Big Brother