Sunday, January 09, 2005

Ohmigod....it's 4:30 AM

And I'm waking up for my first day "On The Job". Our Load-in starts at 5AM and we should be at the venue 15 minutes earlier to kind of "scope things out" - so that we know how to get around and where things like dressing rooms and work rooms are going to be. We started the load-in and my job is to call the trucks...or let all the locals knows where to put everything that's being loaded off of each truck...um, OK. I've got my handy dandy set up map, and truck packing diagrams...still a little confusing as I don't know what anything looks like. But with David and Chris' help we get everything out and set up into the right places.

After everything's off the trucks we then go about getting our crates into position and marking out where things like the changings rooms, body shop and work shop are going to be. At about 7AM we meet the wardrobe locals who are going to be working with us and we start pulling out costumes and setting things up. By the time we got finished with all of this it's around 1PM and I'm dead on my feet from yesterday's travel along with the couple hours of sleep. I took an hour's nap on the floor of the Wardrobe Work Room.

No comments: