Sunday, January 09, 2005

Into the Fire

After my nap our locals had arrived back from their break to set up for the first show. I couldn't have asked for 2 better locals to start with...Betty and Scott we're very accomodating and helpful. We started getting ready for the first show.

David had taken the time to show me how the costumes are assembled and how they work and even got into a few so that I could get the feel for getting someone in and out of a costume. Even so, when it came time for the show, since our locals were so good David was able to help me out with many of my costume changes for the first show. Even though the costumes are similar...there are enough differences between them to confuse you at first. But I came through my first show with flying colors. I am in charge of costumes on Stage Right and all of the performers were very helpful with letting me know what needed to be done with their costumes as well.

After the show we set the costumes with fans to air dry gave our locals their break between shows and then collected show laundry and started that to washing. Since it was a double show load-in day, lunch was provided for us. So we relaxed a bit...I had a sandwich and some chips and then it was time to get ready for the second show.

The second show went better than the first (as well it should)...but it's still a lot to remember, especially for the first day on the job.

We finshed up and got things set up for the night and I made it back to the hotel around 10PM.
After relaxing in the hotel room for a couple of minutes I went to look for a soda machine...since I didn't notice it on my floor, I went down to the lobby...of course there were vending machines on every floor but their doors were closed and I didn't notice...especially in my tired state.

While I was down in the lobby I gave Mom a call to let her know that everything was OK and how my first day was...and on my way back upstairs, I noticed some of the cast and crew at the hotel bar. So, instead of getting a soda, I socialized and had a beer...only one though, because after I was finished with it I really was tired. I went upstairs and fell asleep. Ah, blessed sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shar Bear Here -

Hey there, sorry I didn't make it last Sunday. Things got our of control with a friend in need. I will be keeping up with you for sure, though.

Your story of late reminds me that all things happen for a reason and even the bad, sad things like breakups and job losses. I know you were a very active part of my life during my "Tsunami" year (1997). I have to say that those losses ended up putting me in a much better position also.

Well, I suppose your life as an Insider may be drawing to a close,or is it??? Can you stream Glenn on your laptop?? Stay a sick Freak no matter what, or I will have Hillary Clinton french kiss you!

ANyway, I will be in touch. Love you Mucho!

Sharron