Friday, January 07, 2005

Omaha

The hotel was nice and was right across the street from the venue (Qwest Center) with an inter-connecting skyway! The room was really nice with big beds and lots of fluffy pillows.

While I was going through my check-in "process" some of the tour members were in the lobby and were wondering if I was the "new guy"...some brief intros were made and I met our company manager Dawn. I was told to meet up later to discuss the Load-In process for tomorrow morning.

After a little while my roomie (Richard) for the next three weeks arrived...he's going to be doing a stint on one of Holland America's ships. He's a real good guy and has helped me get used to things on the road. (hope that my next roomie will be as good...)

I met up with David and Jen and we walked to the Market area (about 7 blocks away) through some very biting wind and ended up having a delightful dinner at the Spaghetti Works.

After coming back I went down to the Crew Chief's (John) room to discuss the Load-In - they tried to walk me through some things...but after the long day of traveling it was a little hard to stay focused...besides, it's always easier for me to actually do something rather than being told how to do it.

I went back up to my room and hit the sack...it was going to be an early morning...

No comments: